Additional Hair Care Information:
Trichology is the science that understands the human hair and scalp. This is a vast study and includes study of structure of hair, treating hair and scalp scientifically and treating the scalp diseases. As opposed to the common notion that Trichologists are healthcare workers, the truth is that they are medical practitioners. There are several trichology certification courses available and you can take the course to be a professional Trichologist.
International Association of Trichologists, United States was established in 1974 and works as a non-profit organization. It is the governing body for all trichologists in the country. The sole of this establishment is to legitimize the study and research related to hair and scalp.
In 1974-75 University of Southern California was the first University to start course in Trichology. And since then there has been no looking back, hundreds of schools and classes have been started to support this branch of science.
If you are employed and wish to pursue study of Trichology then there is home-study program. To complete the course it is mandatory to complete the 100 hours of job training under the Trichologist who is IAT certified.
What constitutes the training program of Trichology Course?
The content for this course has been well laid by the team of experts by keeping the sole aim of making them aware of all the important things related to this branch of science. Broadly following modules will be taught to you during the course:
- Body and its various systems
- Various hair care procedures and Hair biochemistry
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Hair
- Scalp Anatomy and Physiology
- Hair nutrition
- Different procedures for consultation
- Problems related to hair shafts
- Prominent causes and conditions of hair loss
- Scalp related problems
- Trichology specific preparation
- Electrotherapy sessions
- Both non-surgical and surgical process of hair loss treatment
- Problems Dealt With trichologists
Every day trichologists has to face the following issues:
- Breakage of hair, hair loss, thinning of air and baldness pactches
- Problem of scaling either in patches or the entire scalp
- Itching scalp or itching
What is the work area of trichologist?
During the consultation the trichologists determines the problem . This is the point where the experience and acquaintance comes in the role . The trichologist may need to do some deeper analysis or the skin or hair to determine the real cause of problem. After the cause has been established further course of action is decided:
- They decide on the treatment that is required and which procedure to follow for best results.
- If necessary referral doctor is suggested.
- Effective and viable surgical procedures are suggested in case the situation is adverse.
Till date the number of certified trichologists are quite less in comparison to other medical practitioners. This area is constantly growing and there is a rising need for trichologists who know their job well. To see yourself as the budding trichologist it is best to get admission in the best school and pursue the course very sincerely.
Search online to look out for the best school for trichology. Before you select the school it is best to take into account the admission fee, reviews and success stories of the students of past batches in terms of their recruitment or how successful are they as the entrepreneurs.