A good regimen of daily, weekly and monthly personal grooming habits where face and body hair are concerned should be adopted by men and women for several reasons. Good personal grooming habits are essential in maintaining good physical looks and, in consequence, good levels of self-confidence and self-esteem. Besides, when you look, smell and feel good, you are most likely to attract others, be it as an employer, as a friend, or as a lover.
Start with the Right Tools
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com
Your first step in good personal grooming vis-a-vis hair starts with choosing the tools to trim, shave and style it. You have several choices including a manual razor, an electric clipper, and a beard trimmer as well as a body groomer. You may also want to purchase a nose hair trimmer, if and when your nose hairs tend to grow longer than average.
Separate the Tools
It's important to emphasize that the tools used for face hair should be different from the tools used on body hair. This is not just a matter of being finicky about your personal grooming habits but more importantly because each hair grooming tool is designed with a specific purpose in mind. For example, body shavers are designed with special attachments that make it safe, fast and easy to shave hard-to-reach areas without the benefit of a mirror. A curved attachment can be used to shave the back, which is one of the personal grooming habits that many men fail to learn because of their reluctance to ask for assistance from their girlfriends or wives.
Yet another reason to use a different tool for each body part is good hygiene. Think of it this way: To be true to your personal grooming principles, you will use a beard trimmer for your face and a body groomer for your body in the same way that you use separate soaps for your face and body. Besides, do you really want to put a body groomer that has been used on your sexual organs and perhaps on your anal area to touch the sensitive areas near your mouth? We don't think so either.
Matter of Timing
And then there is the matter of timing in your personal grooming habits. The general rules for trimming face and body hair are:
- Face – Every day unless you are growing a beard, mustache or goatee, in which case, as necessary to keep it looking well-maintained, not scruffy. This is arguably the must-do part of your daily personal grooming routine.
- Back – Every 2 to 3 weeks
- Neck – Every 2 weeks so that there is only about inch of growth
- Chest – Every 2 to 3 weeks although you can shorten or lengthen it depending on how your girlfriend or wife likes chest hair rubbing on her sensitive breasts.
- Eyebrows – Every 2 to 4 weeks although many men fail at this part of the personal grooming regimen. It seems like a perfectly-plucked pair of eyebrows is almost effeminate; each to his own, we always say.
- Nose – Trim as needed but always make sure that it is part of your regular personal grooming routine.
- Sex Organ – Trim as needed and according to the desired length. This is where the rules of personal grooming vis-a-vis hair can be broken; keep it longer or shorter than usual or keep it completely bald – it's your choice.
In the end, the specific steps and tools you use as part of your personal grooming routine is your personal choice. Just remember that you will be judged based on your choices so choose wisely.