Additional Hair Care Information:
Now a days a large number of people, both men and woman are facing sever hair loss problems. With increasing demand of hair restoration procedures by the day, the surgical techniques have also advanced and improved over the last few years.
One of such technique that has developed over the years is the FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction technique. It is the most advanced technique for hair restoration. In this method: The hair follicles or grafts are extracted individually from the donor area like beard, chest or other body parts and then implanted in the areas which is bald such as scalp, beard, moustache, eyebrows, eyelashes etc.
There are a number of hair restoration clinics in India offering this technique of hair transplant. But only a handful of them have actually mastered the technique. In fact there are quite a few clinics that have further improvised the FUE Hair Transplant to achieve better results, quicker healing and least invasion. At JSHTTC, we have mastered the technique and improvised on it for quicker healing & better results.
Benefits of FUE Hair Transplant
- No single linear scars in this method.
- No stitches are required
- Quick post-operation recovery
- No problems of numbness or infection in donor area
- Unlike FUT method, the donor area can be selected in the FUE method.
De-merits of FUE Hair Transplant
- The number of grafts possible in one session are limited.
- Difficult to master the technique & bring good results.
- Problem of drying of grafts is very high in untrained hands.
- There have been cases of over-harvesting in the patients
While FUE is the latest and the most advanced technique. FUT is the most popular and the most common technique adopted by various hair restoration clinics in India. FUT is a method that involves removal of a strip or layer of hair bearing scalp from the back and sides of the head, the donor area. The strip is then dissected into fine follicular units with the help of stereo microscopes and are transplanted on to the bald recipient area.
Benefits of FUT
- It covers a wider areas and gives scope for obtaining more number of grafts in a single session. If the donor area permits, one can transplant even up to 5000 follicular units in a single session.
- Although this method leaves a scar in the donor area, but by the virtue of the latest advancements in the technology, this can be minimized.
- Offers good end results.
Many doctors tend to develop little thicker & wider scars when compared to western people.