Additional Hair Care Information:
No one needs the expertise of a hairstylist to have luxurious locks. Now, you can achieve healthier hair strands without going to expensive hair salons that can cost thousands of dollars.
With these home-made hair care recipes, you can achieve healthier and shinier tresses in the comfort and convenience of your own home.
So, if you want a gorgeous-looking mane that looks professionally cared for, then you need to learn these budget-friendly recipes.
The Lemon and Aloe Vera Shampoo
To control the buildup of too much oil in the scalp, you can create a home-made recipe made of aloe vera and lemon. These herbs when combined with your natural hair shampoo can help maintain healthier hair by reducing the production of too much sebum in the scalp.
- Lemon – removes scalp buildup due to hairstyling products (e.g., gels, mousse, sprays, and creams).
- Aloe Vera – contains essential properties that soothe and balance the pH level in the scalp, relieving itchiness, dryness, and hair oiliness.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- cup of your natural shampoo
- 1 fresh aloe vera leaf
Extract teaspoon of gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf. Slice the lemon in a wooden bowl so that you won't lose any of its juice. Then, mix the aloe vera gel with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and cup of your regular shampoo.
Wash your hair and apply the mixture on the scalp. Then massage your scalp and let the shampoo sit on your hair for 3-5 minutes before rinsing it thoroughly with lukewarm water.
The “Banana, Egg, and Beer” Hair Mask
To achieve shinier and healthier hair strands, you can create your very own hair mask made up of egg, beer, mashed banana, and honey. This hair care recipe helps nourish and condition the follicles, providing nutrients to the hair roots for healthier hair growth.
- Banana – is rich in vitamins and minerals which aid in creating healthier hair. It also helps protect the hair's natural elasticity, preventing split-ends and hair breakage.
- Egg – contains protein and B vitamins which are essential nutrients needed by the follicles for the production of healthier hair.
- Beer – adds shine and moisture to the hair.
- Honey – has anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties which help reduce the production of oil in the scalp.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 whole banana
- cup of flat beer
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Procedure: Mash the banana in a bowl and add the egg. After creating a thick paste, pour cup of flat beer and 1 tablespoon of honey. Then, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
Application: Apply the mixture onto the scalp and let it sit on the hair for 2-3 hours. Afterwards, rinse your hair with lukewarm water and wash your stands with a natural shampoo to remove the strong scent as well as the residue off the scalp.