Hair highlighting is not just concentrated among women anymore. It has crossed the gender boundary to reach the realm of men. If you are interested to highlight, you can visit the best hair salon for men.
Steps to Highlighting Hair
The following ways will help you get your hair highlighted.
- Search pictures of a hair style you like on magazine or on the Internet. You can keep the magazine aside or take a print out of the hair style. If the style belongs to a famous personality, you can ask your stylist to make you the exact replica.
- Tell the stylist about your requirement specifically. In case, you are unsure about the color or type of style you are looking for, ask for more time. You can then decide or even consult an in house hair style expert. Also, do not rush, stylists prefer to work peacefully.
- It is better not to apply any product before you go for styling. It is easier to apply new styles in dry condition. If your hair has gel, he will wash it, dry it and then start all over again.
- It is important that you convey your exact needs to the stylist. Whether you want your hair color to be noticeable or subtle should be informed before he starts working.
- Inform the stylist about the exact places where you want the color to be applied. Tell him whether you desire the highlights to be only in the front or to be mixed with all your hair.
- A stylist at the best hair salon for men is aware of the color type that goes with a particular color or complexion. You can also discuss the color he would be using. In the event that you change parlor, it helps if you know what color suits you.
- After the highlighting is completed, allow it to dry completely. It is only when your hair is dry can you realize the exact impact of the highlighting. See to it that the exact color you were looking for has been applied. In case, it is a shade lighter a toner can solve your problem. However, if the color needs to be lighter, the process has to be repeated again from the beginning. This is the reason, why many salons insist on prior consultation before styling. It saves time and effort.
- Now, that the highlighting part is over, it is time to look after your hair. Use a shampoo and conditioner to keep the new hued tresses intact and glowing. You should also try to stay away from sunlight for a long period of time. Exposure to sunlight in the initial stages of highlighting can bleach out and alter color.
Now-a-days, most men go for subtle highlighting. However, if you are into snazzy styling, you can choose something that looks more obvious. In any case, you should go to the best hair salon for men and get your hair styled with deftness.