Everyone wants to look good and while part of this is wearing the latest fashionable clothing's as well as shoes it is also very important to maintain good health. Good health is broad and is inclusive of having a nutritious diet (healthy diet) it is also important to take care of your hairs as well. Vibrant as well as shiny hairs is known to be a sign of health hairs. Similar to other parts of your body, the cells and processes which support strong as well as vibrant hair depend on a balanced diet.
It often takes a longer time to notice any changes, whether good or bad for your hair than for your skin. Just one week of a bad diet may at times lead to acne flare ups or dry skin, but for hairs it may even take up to a few months for the effects of a nutritional deficiency or a bad/crash diet to show up.
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com
What you eat is what determines your hair growth. The nutrients eaten help to fortify hair follicles. Besides eating there are also a number of factors which affect your hair growth. Some of these factors include hormonal imbalances, smoking, not getting enough sleep, etc.
One of the most important things to remember to having healthy hairs is to start the day eating well and drinking a lot of water. It is very important to feel good on the inside to look good on the outside.
So how do you ensure that you have healthy hairs? Healthy hair as well as skin can drastically improve one's confidence levels and improve the overall appearance of a person. There is absolutely no need to waste money on any extra products and treatment methods so as to heal damaged or dry tresses.
Some of the following steps should be followed so as to ensure healthy hair:
- Follow a good diet: The hairs that you have is a reflection of your health. This greatly depends on the things that you put inside your body. Your hairs will not be at its healthiest if you constantly have junk food and sodas. It is thus important to have a balanced diet which is inclusive of all the necessary vitamins, proteins and minerals. Having enough water in-take is also extremely important so as to ensure one's overall well-being.
- Avoid washing your hair everyday: Washing one's hair everyday may lead to damage of hairs. Unless one has very oily hairs or needs to do a lot of physical activity hairs should not be washed every day. By doing so, natural oils are taken away and the hairs tends to become brittle as well as dry. Washing one's hair every other day may be a good option.
- Moisturize your hair: Hair needs constant nourishment so as to ensure that it is healthy and balanced. A quality moisturizing shampoo can be used, especially for damaged hairs. Hot oil treatments are also recommended once a week.
- Maintain your hair: It is very important to maintain your hairs. This would mean having a routine of regularly trimming your hairs ever 4-6 weeks. This ensures that the ends of the hair are maintained and look good. Using a hair serum may also help.
- Avoid using excessive amounts of color: Coloring or even bleaching one's hair may lead to the damage of the hairs. If required always opt for ammonia free dyes or semi-permanent colors.